Metoprolol Succinate Sorted
We are very hopeful with all the announcements, that this issue is now behind us. We cannot change what happened yesterday so let’s all move on and manage the future in a positive manner.
While PHARMAC have thanked Pharmacists for their help, we extend thanks to all for the patience and understanding during a very trying period, including many of our staff who have fielded far too many calls from concerned customers. Wholesalers have managed to ensure stock has always been available. While not necessarily exactly what was requested, medication was available to all patients.
Click here to read the PHARMAC Dispatch announcing the reinstatement of STAT Dispensing for all listed brands and packs of Metoprolol Succinate.
Please note that within this announcement there is a direct reference to a consultation which has begun for a long term solution. It is as stated a consultation and will follow the due process.
Click here to read the consultation for Metoprolol succinate sole supply. We encourage you to put in a submission before 11 April 2017. Have a say !!
- 31 March 2017 continued to dispense any of the currently listed and funded brands. We will supply stock that is available at the time.
- 1 May 2017 STAT dispensing is REINSTATED.
- Dispense all Betaloc CR Tabs 47.5 mg & 95 mg first and then move onto either Myloc CR or Metoprolol AFT CR. We will supply whatever product is available to us at the time.
- 1 July 2017 Betaloc CR Tab 23.75 mg 30 will be listed at a new price of $1.03 per 30. This product will only be released to the market from wholesale once all existing stocks of the other brands of 23.75 mg are depleted.
- 1 October 2017 Betaloc 190 mg 30 will be listed at a new price of $3.00 per 30. This product will only be released to the market from wholesale once all existing stocks of the other brands of 190 mg are depleted.
- 1 October 2017 Betaloc CR Tab 47.5 mg 30 price & subsidy will decrease to $1.25 per 30. Do not get caught holding stock.
- 1 October 2017 Betaloc CR Tab 95 mg 30 price & subsidy decrease to $1.99 per 30. Do not get caught holding stock.
- 28 February 2018 – all existing brands with the exception of Betaloc CR will be DELISTED.
- 1 March 2018 Betaloc CR Tab will become Sole Supply in both HML and Community if the proposal is accept and approved by the PHARMAC Board.
Please note that Betaloc previously supplied was part of the arrangement between PHARMAC and suppliers and has all been sold through. There will be limited stocks available at some stage for Private Patients only.
Should you require any further information please contact your local ProPharma or PWR Branch Manager, Key Account Manager or one of our friendly Customer Services Team.